Water Heater Installation, Repair and Maintenance in Las Vegas, NV
Champion Services provides a full range of water heater services Las Vegas residents have come to rely on. We can repair, replace or simply do what is needed to bring your water heater up to current building code requirements. Whether gas or electric, we can solve most water heater problems. And, best of all, we’re available to help you 24/7. Contact our team today for fast, reliable water heater repair and replacement services!
A water heater's durability is influenced by a variety of elements. A conventional water heater should last 7 to 10 years on average with routine maintenance. On the other hand, a tankless water heater has a 20-year lifespan.
The following are some factors to take into account when estimating a water heater's lifespan:
- How frequently is the water heater used
- The frequency and quality of water heater maintenance
- Your water supply's quality (do you use softened water or untreated hard water?
- Whether it is a tank-style or tankless water heater
Look at your water heater, including the area around it and behind it. Have a technician check the unit if you notice water pooling around it, leaking from the tank, or dripping from any pipes. A valve replacement, pressure adjustment, or tightening up a few connections may be necessary to solve the issue.
When the water coming from the faucets is cloudy, that is another red flag. Rusty pipes or rust inside the water heater can be indicated by rust deposits or a metallic odor coming from the hot water supply. Leaks are unavoidable if corrosion is eating away at the metal from the inside.
Another warning sign is if you have trouble getting hot water from the faucet or if it runs out quickly. If the water heater takes an abnormally long time to warm up, there may be an electrical issue or a buildup of sediment near the burner or heating element. This is frequently a telltale sign that the heater needs to be replaced.
The Importance of a Dependable Water Heater
Taking a shower or washing your hands in cold water is only enjoyable if you’re expecting it. Standing under a shower of icy water when you’re expecting nice, soothing warm water, however, is far less pleasant. Using hot water for daily tasks such as cleaning and hand washing is more hygienic and sanitary, and many folks prefer hot water for their dishes and laundry as well.
Our Water Heater Services
All of our craftsmen are company employees, not subcontractors. Each craftsman has a unique skill set that allows us to assign just the right person for your project. Our water heater services include, but are not limited to:
Addition of seismic straps to an existing water heater.
Adjustment or re-installation of vent hood and flue pipe.
Installation of a “drip leg” on the gas inlet line.
Installation of or rebuilding of the water heater platform.
Drain and refill the water heater (flushing the system).
The heating element of an electric water heater.
Lighting of pilot light or replacement of burner or thermocouple.
Supply and installation of entire water heater, gas or electric.
Water Heater Installation
When it comes to water heater installation, proper setup is key to ensure long-lasting performance. We specialize in installing various types of water heaters, including tankless, traditional, and hybrid models. Each type offers unique benefits, and our experts can help you choose the one that suits your needs. Our installation process is efficient and includes any necessary specialized techniques or equipment to guarantee a hassle-free experience.
Water Heater Repair
Is your water heater acting up? We’re here to diagnose and repair common issues such as a lack of hot water, inconsistent temperature, leaks, and more. Our diagnostic process is thorough, and we have a quick response time for emergency repairs. We’ll not only identify the problem but also provide effective solutions, including parts replacement if necessary, to get your hot water flowing again.
Water Heater Replacement
If your water heater has reached old age, requires frequent repairs, or is losing efficiency, it might be time for a replacement. Upgrading to a new, energy-efficient water heater can bring you cost savings in the long run. We offer various types of water heaters for replacement and stand by our work with warranties and guarantees to ensure your peace of mind.
Water Heater Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the key to prolonging your water heater’s lifespan and improving its efficiency. Our maintenance plans include inspections, cleaning, and adjustments to keep your water heater running at its best. Don’t wait for a breakdown – let us help you prevent issues and save money in the long term.
Free Water Heater Inspection
One of the main reasons we offer FREE WATER HEATER INSPECTIONS is to help the homeowner. Water heaters are one of the most inconvenient emergencies a homeowner can have, the last thing you want to wake up to is a flood in your garage. Water heaters that aren’t regularly maintained will have a shorter lifespan and a higher chance of breaking or bursting.
If you have an older water heater and replacing it isn’t in the budget right now, there are a few things you can do that are inexpensive and easy to increase your home’s water heater’s operating efficiency and longevity. Did you know that adding insulation reduces heat loss by up to 45% and even saves a small percentage of water-heating costs? Flushing sediment from the tank improves efficiency and longevity. Making sure a viable anode rod hangs in the tank will help prevent its inside from rusting out and a used-up rod is much cheaper to replace than a new heater.
Here are some steps on how to properly keep your water heater maintained:
- Test the TPR Valve
- First, shut off the power to the cold-water supply valve. Place a bucket under the pipe connected to the temperature pressure release (TPR) valve on top or side of the tank. (This valve opens if the tank pressure gets too high.)
- Check the Anode Rod
- Put a hose to the drain’s cock and let out a few gallons of water. Then fit a 1 1/16th inch socket onto the rod’s hex head on top of the heater (or under its top plate) and unscrew the rod. If it’s less than ½ inch thick or coated with calcium, buy a new one, wrap its threads with Teflon tape, put it back in the tank, and tighten security. Use this segmented rod if headroom above the tank is limited.
- Drain the Take and Wash Out Sediment
- Drain the remaining water in the tank into the bucket. Then, stir up the sediment on the tank’s bottom by briefly opening the cold-water supply valve. Drain and repeat until clean water comes out of the hose. Close the drain cock, refill the tank, and turn its power back on.
- Adjust the Temperature
- Find the temperature dial on the side of the tank and unscrew it’s over. Adjust the dial to 120 degrees using a flathead screwdriver.
- Insulate the Pipes
- Buy some self-sticking 3/8th-inch-thick foam pipe insulation that matches the pipe’s diameter. Slide the foam over the hot- cold water pipes as far as you can reach. Insulating the cold-water pipe prevents condensation in the Summer. Peel the tape and squeeze the insulation closed. If the pipe is 6 inches or less from the flue, cover it with 1-inch thick unfaced fiberglass pipe wrap.
- Insulate the Heater
- Cut the insulating blanket to fit around the pipes, the TPR valve, and the temperature control sticking out of the tank. Wrap the side of the tank, and seal cuts with foil tape. Do not cover the tops of oil or gas heaters. Cap an electric heater with an oversized circle of insulation and tape its edge securely to the side of the tank.
Signs You Need Water Heater Service
Recognizing the signs that your water heater requires attention is essential. Here are some common indicators:
- Lack of hot water
- Inconsistent temperature
- Strange noises
- Water leaks
- Discolored water
- Old age
- Unusual odors
- Reduced water pressure
- Higher energy bills
- Frequent repairs
Make Champion Services Part Of Your Team
Whether you need a pilot light lit or complete removal and replacement of your water heater, Champion Services is here to help with a staff of dedicated professionals. We have the experience and know-how to make sure your project is done right the first time. It all starts with a free in-home estimate. We will come to your home, listen to your needs and assist in providing options on how to best complete your project.
We will give you a free estimate on your job. Please give us a call today at 702-896-0000 to schedule an appointment in your home.